(FSBO) How To Be Your Own Real Estate Agent
Doing away with the traditional real estate arrangement?
Are you looking to take things into your own hands?
You’re definitely not alone.
More and more people are making the switch and aiming to sell their home without a realtor in Florida. In order to be successful, however, you must ensure you keep up to date with all the different hats you’ll have to wear during the process.
The reality is it’s not easy to sell your home without a realtor. But it definitely is possible.
If you follow the tips and guidelines in this article, you’ll be able to get a greater feel for everything you have to do before you can successfully sell your home without a realtor in Florida.
Here are all the steps you should take:
- Price your home to sell – Arguably the most important step is to price your home to sell from the jump. The failure to do so will result in an unsellable home. Get clear on what homes in your market are going for and price your home accordingly. Get this right and everything else becomes easier.
- Obtain a flat fee listing on the MLS – You’re going to want to list your property on the MLS. This is a crucial step in getting your property seen and in front of realtors and buyers.
- Market your property – In addition to advertising your property on the MLS, you also want to market your property in other respects as well. From social media to offline marketing – make sure your marketing strategy has a mix of a little bit of everything.
- Hold an open house – Go ahead and arrange for an open house. Put up signs around the neighbourhood and get your neighbours involved.
- Know your properties selling points – During the open house, you’ll probably want some type of brochure to go hand in hand with any answers you provide to prospective buyers. Give them something they can take home.
- Prepare to show your home – Spend some time cleaning and getting rid of all clutter in your home. You want it looking spotless. Doing this will allow you to make a much better impression on any prospective buyers.
- Showcase your property – Finally, show your property and leave the potential buyers alone to walk through your home.
- Sit down and hammer out the negotiations – If you’ve done everything up to this point correctly and your home doesn’t have anything seriously wrong with it – you should begin to get offers. This can be a rather exciting and stressful time so it’s important you know what you’re getting yourself into. Brush up on any legal regulations and laws and make sure you’re providing all the information you’re required to provide.
- Close – Finally, it’s time for the closing process. After you’ve received an offer you’re happy with – go ahead and finalize the deal. And begin the process of closing.
As you can see, the process above can be a rather long and stressful one, but it doesn’t have to be. If you simply approach things one step at a time, you’ll be well on your way to successfully selling your home without requiring a realtor in Florida.